Manfrotto Enhances its Modular Video Rig System with SYMPLA 2.0
Upper Saddle River, N.J. (July 28, 2014) – Manfrotto, a leading global innovator and manufacturer of premium photo, video and lighting support products and accessories, has made a number of enhancements to its SYMPLA modular video rig system and proudly introduces SYMPLA 2.0. The SYMPLA 2.0 incorporates a number of subtle, but important design modifications, all of which have been implemented in order to ensure compatibility with the latest camera technologies, while enhancing performance, comfort and set-up times.
Built for flexibility and speed, the SYMPLA 2.0 allows users to adjust anything and everything easily and quickly. The SYMPLA 2.0 provides support of camera equipment on the videographer’s shoulder with swivel-joint handles for perfect control and flexibility. It is ideal for use with HDSLRs and interchangeable lens camcorders, and is a quick solution that includes all of the essentials to start recording steady, professional footage immediately.
“Following feedback on our original SYMPLA system, we have made a number of significant and important improvements that allow existing and future users to keep their SYMPLA rigs updated with the latest camera technologies,” said Thomas Howley, Product Manager of Video for Manfrotto Distribution, Inc. “These design modifications ensure videographers with the best performance, quickest set-up time, and comfort during use.”
Key benefits and features of the upgraded SYMPLA include:
· Weight Reduction: SYMPLA 2.0 is designed with new and improved lightweight components that make the rig even lighter and more manageable to carry.
· Improved Ergonomics: The upgraded system’s new padding and new, lighter aluminum shoulder mount guarantee greater comfort and better ergonomics.
· Precise Control: The SYMPLA 2.0 is fully compatible with the revolutionary range of HDSLRs camera remotes that fit directly to the handgrips, allowing precise control of framing and camera functions without the user moving their hands from the grip or eyes from the viewfinder, enabling them to capture precise, stable footage.
The SYMPLA product line is now available in two configurations, the Lightweight Shoulder Mounted Rig (MVA525WK) and the SYMPLA Universal Mount (MVA511WK-1). Customers also have the ability to purchase additional accessories, such as:
· Padded Shoulder Mount: The padding allows for a better grip on the videographer’s shoulder, while the new aluminum structure makes the shoulder mount lighter in weight. It’s specially designed to shape around the user’s body and textured for grip and comfort when filming. It’s easy to set up and has a solid connection with SYMPLA rods, due to the built-in Universal Mount.
· RC2 Mount: The operating height of the camera can be set at two positions to suit the dimensions of the camera body and lens. The quick release plate gives a fast, secure connection between the camera and rig.
· 80mm H-OFFSET: The lighter and smaller offset is designed for ergonomic use, and is also available in a 160mm version.
· Light Counterweight: The new, lighter 0.8kg counterweight screws securely to the SYMPLA shoulder pad via a 3/8” thread. It can be used with the new aluminum spacer, which moves the counterweight further backwards and helps balance front-loaded equipment.
· Rods (150 and 300mm): A pair of new, improved standard 15mm diameter rods odder better scratch-resistance. They are fitted with 1/2"-13UNC screw junctions.
· Easy Link Connectors and Connectors for Rods: Easy Link 3/8” connectors allow external monitors and accessory equipment to be fitted to and supported by SYMPLA. The connectors can be attached to bridging heads or SYMPLA plates. Connectors with 1/2”-13UNC screws allow rods to be precisely interconnected and extended. Both accessories are designed in red-anodized aluminum.
· Handle Extensions and Counterweight Extension Tubes: Machined aluminum spacers are easily fitted to SYMPLA’s adjustable handles to lengthen them. The spacers also adapt the handles for use with the Manfrotto clamp and joystick remote control units. Aluminum spacers allow for moving the counterweight further back, thereby effectively balancing load carried in front of the shoulder. By balancing the rig, the spacers help to make shooting easier and more stable.
· Fig Rig – SYMPLA Adapter: This accessory allows the user to assemble a Universal Mount in the center of the Fig Rig to extend it and use it in conjunction with SYMPLA rails and components.
· Padding for Shoulder Mount: The brand new padding can be added to the old shoulder mount to make it more ergonomic and comfortable. It can also be used as a spare part, and it can fit the SYMPLA 1.0.
Manfrotto’s SYMPLA 2.0 video rig system is available now at retailers nationwide. The MVA525WK is priced at $778.00 and the MVA511WK-1 is $1,028.00. Accessories range from $23.00 to $778.00 in price. More information on the SYMPLA 2.0 and its accessories can be found at http://www.manfrotto.us/sympla.
For additional information or to learn more about Manfrotto’s photo and video products and accessories, visit www.manfrotto.us. Follow Manfrotto on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ManfrottoSoX or on Twitter @manfrotto_us.
Manfrotto (Vitec Group) - www.manfrotto.us
Manfrotto is the world leader in the design, production and distribution of professional products for photography, video and entertainment. The company was founded in 1972 based on Lino Manfrotto’s experience, and its mission has always been to support and simplify the work of reporters, photographers and producers. The Imagine More project adds to this historical mission the idea of fuelling the enthusiasm of weekend photographers and supporting the surge of new amateurs. Part of the UK-based Vitec Group since 1989, Manfrotto has now become a worldwide presence. In its eight key markets – Italy, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, China, Japan, Hong Kong and the United States – it is represented by its own direct distribution system, Manfrotto Distribution, whereas in 80 other countries sales are handled by independent distributors.