*Updated to EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
This information describes the different types of Cookies which may be used on this Website and how to manage them.
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files of text and numbers which are downloaded and stored on the browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox) or hard drive of your computer when a Website is visited, or a social network is used. Cookies are memorized, according to the user’s preferences, by the single browser on the specific device utilized (computer, tablet, smartphone). These cookies are used by the Data Controller and its partners for technical, statistical and/or profiling purposes. Cookies contain only the information spontaneously provided by the Client, and with this term reference is made to Cookies and all similar technologies.
This information may be also reused during the same visit to the Website (Session Cookies) or later, even at a number of days later (Persistent Cookies).
Cookies, in fact, are used to understand and improve the content which interest their Users.
Cookies are placed on a server and nobody can access the information contained within it. Cookies may not retrieve any other data from the User’s hard disk or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each Cookie is unique for the User’s web browser. Some of the Cookies functions may be transferred to other technologies.
2. Type of Cookies used by this Website
Depending on the characteristics and use, different types of Cookies may be distinguished.
Listed below are the details this particular Website uses:
Strictly necessary technical Cookies. These are Cookies essential for the proper operation of a Website, which are utilized to manage different services related to the Websites (such as, for example, a login or access to reserved functions on the Websites). The duration of the Cookies is strictly limited to the work session or they may make use of a longer time period of permanence in order to remember the visitor’s choices. Disabling the strictly necessary Cookies may compromise the User’s experience and browsing of the Website.
Analytic Cookies. These Cookies represent a particular type of Cookies, aimed at collecting information and data mainly for statistical and commercial purposes, in order to analyze the traffic and use of a Website in an anonymous and aggregated form to optimize the services offered. Furthermore, these Cookies allow the monitoring of the system and improve its performance and usability. The disabling of these Cookies may be performed without any loss of specific functions and shall be treated in detail as follows.
Profiling Cookies. These are permanent Cookies used for monitoring, anonymously and not, the User and his/her browsing experience. With these Cookies Users may be profiled according to their tastes, habits and purchasing behaviors.
Geolocation Cookies: These are cookies used to present content from locations geographically closest to the user and to improve its experience, for example by locating the nearest store. They are not necessary, but they allow us to offer content closer to the interests of the Client.
3. Purposes of the processing and the technical session of Cookies
Technical Cookies may also be used without the consent of the Data Subject, as they are Cookies for which it is not necessary to obtain the prior and informed consent of the User:
- Cookies with data entered by the User (session identifier), which have a duration of a session or persistent Cookies lasting only a few hours in certain cases;
- Cookies for the authentication, used for the purposes of the authenticated services, with duration of a session;
- Security Cookies focused on the Users, used to identify authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration;
- Session Cookies for media players, as for Cookies for “flash” readers, of the duration of a session;
- Session Cookies for the load balancing, with the duration of a session;
- Persistent Cookies for the personalization of the User interface, lasting one session (or slightly more);
- Cookies for content sharing through third-party social plug-ins, for members of a social network who have logged in.
The Data Controller, therefore, informs that on the Website are present technical cookies (as those listed above), necessary to browse within the Website, as they allow the use of essential functions such as authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention. Including but not limited to, they allow: the identification of the User when he/she has regularly accessed the areas of the Website which require the prior authentication or validation of the User; the management of the sessions relative to the various services and applications; the storing of data for the access in safe mode or the control and prevention fraud functions..
For maximum transparency, we list below a series of technical cookies and specific cases of operation on the Website:
- Cookies installed on the computer directly by the User (which shall not be used for further purposes) such as, for example, session Cookies used to “fill the cart” on the Website online orders, authentication Cookies, Cookies for multimedia content like flash player which do not exceed the duration of the session, personalization Cookies (for example, the choice of the browsing language, ID and password autofill completed with the inputting of the first characters, etc
- Cookies used to statistically analyze access/visits to the Website (so-called analytics Cookies) which are used for only statistical purposes (not for profiling or marketing) and collect information in an aggregated format without the possibility to trace the single User identification. In these cases, since the legislation in force prescribes that the interested party shall be provided a clear and adequate indication of the simple methods to oppose (opt-out) the installation of analytics Cookies (including any mechanism of anonymity of the Cookies themselves), we specify that it is possible to deactivate the analytic Cookies with this procedure: open your browser, select the settings menu, click on Internet options, open the privacy tab and choose the desired level of Cookies blocking. If you want to eliminate the Cookies already stored, it is necessary to open the security tab and delete the history by checking the box “Delete Cookies”.
4. Third-party Cookies
Through the Website, it is possible to receive Cookies from websites managed by “third-parties”, as well as the profiling ones, which can reside in Italy or abroad.
An example which may be present in most Internet websites is the presence of YouTube videos, the use of Google Maps, of the so-called social plugins for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, Flickr, Vimeo, Pinterest.
These are parts of the visited page directly generated by the aforementioned sites and integrated in the pages of the hosting Website. The most common use of social plugins is aimed at the sharing of the social networks contents while increasing the visitor’s user experience.
The presence of these plugins involves the transmission of Cookies to and from all websites managed by third-parties. The management of the information collected by third parties is governed by the relative information to which we refer to. In order to ensure a greater transparency and ease in obtaining the relative information, we list hereinafter some web addresses of the various information and methods for the management of cookies, specifying that the Data Controller is not, in any way, responsible for the operation of third-party Cookies on this Website. On our Website, in fact, we avail ourselves of a personalized advertisement on the basis of the User’s interests, which includes the technology of marketing and re-marketing emails, made available by third parties to analyze, for example, the User’s browsing of our Website:
- Google Information: on the use of data, at the link http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies/ and complete information at the link http://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- Google (configuration): guide on the general opt-out for Google’s services is available at the web address http://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Facebook (configuration): access your account. Privacy section or follow the various guides present on the web, for example https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookies
- Facebook Information: https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies/ and https://it-it.facebook.com/about/privacy/cookies
- Twitter informative: https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter(configuration):https://twitter.com/settings/security and https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170519-use-of-cookies-and-other-similar-technologies
- Google+ Information: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Google+ (configuration): http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
- Oracle Information (email marketing tool): http://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/privacy-policy.htlm
- Crazy Egg (Heat mapping tool): https://www.crazyegg.com/privacy/
- Hot Jar(Heat mapping tool): https://www.hotjar.com/privacy
- Optimizely (A/B testing and UX tool): https://www.optimizely.com/privacy
- Criteo (Remarketing tool): http://www.criteo.com/privacy/
- Trustpilot (Reviews tool): : http://legal.trustpilot.com/end-user-privacy-terms
5. Analytics Cookies
The Website uses Google Analytics. It is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc (“Google”) which utilizes Cookies that are stored on the User’s computer to allow statistical analysis in an aggregated form. The Cookie Information for Google Analytics is traceable at the following link: http://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage and to analyze in depth the method with which Google – third party – uses the data of its Users, we refer you to the link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Analytics Cookies are assimilated to technical cookies where they are used directly by the Website manager to collect information, in an aggregated form, on the number of Users and on how such Users visit the Website itself: these are exactly the features and purposes of the processing on this Website.
At the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en one can, however, exercise the opt-out. Furthermore, it is possible to deny the consent and block third-party cookies through browsers’ plugins, searching on Google “block and delete third party cookies”.
6. Responsibility for the operation of Third Party Cookies
This Website does not have the ability to control third party cookies if it uses similar services (YouTube, Google Maps, “social buttons”), of which only the third parties are responsible. Furthermore, it is possible for the User to delete and block the Cookies operation at any time, using plugins for the browser and modifying the settings as indicated in the various manuals contained in the browsers.
7. Mandatory or optional consent for the operation of cookies that are not used for marketing purposes
With the exception of technical cookies, strictly necessary for the normal browsing experience, it is not mandatory to acquire the consent of the data subject for the operation of only technical Cookies or of third parties or of analytics assimilated to the technical Cookies. Their deactivation and/or denial to their operation may, however, result in the impossibility of a proper browsing of the Website and/or the impossibility of benefiting from the services, pages and functionality overall.
8. Data Controller and Data Processor
Vitecgroup Italia Spa and Vitec Imaging Solutions Spa, both with headquarters in Via Valsugana 100 – 36022 Cassola (VI) ITALY, email firstname.lastname@example.org and the local distributor (Vitec Imaging Distribution Inc).
9. Rights of the Data Subject
The subjects to whom the personal data refers to shall have the right, at any time, to request, if the legal conditions exist, access to their own personal data, its rectification, erasure, limitation of the same, to oppose the processing of and to exercise the right of data portability.
The Data Subject shall have the right to revoke at any time the consent provided to the processing of the data, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the revocation.
It should be reminded that, once one’s own personal data is deleted, it may not be recovered, and the content stored in the Services shall be eliminated permanently. The User’s personal data shall be deleted when it shall no longer be needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected.
To exercise the rights provided for in the legislation in force on the matter of protection of personal data and the complete list of the External Data Processors for each area and activity or to obtain information regarding the transfer of the data towards non-EU Countries and the related guarantees, the Data Subject may write to email@example.com and to the distributor’s address, Vitec Imaging Distribution Inc 10 Mountainview Road, Suite 320 South Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458 USA.
Moreover, the Data Subject shall have the right to place a complaint with a Supervisory Authority on the processing of data, placed in particular in the State Member where he/she usually works or in which the alleged breach occurred.
10. Third-party Websites
Third party websites that can be accessed through this Website are not covered by this Information. The Data Controller, therefore, declines all responsibilities in their regard. The categories of Cookies used by these third parties and the type of processing of personal data by these companies are regulated in accordance with the Information made by the latter. We recommend verifying the websites of third parties for additional information on the relative Cookies and their management.
This Cookies Policy shall be periodically updated in the event of modifications on the processing or of the services provided or regulatory compliance. Please consult this page often and look for the date of the last version update indicated on the bottom of the page.
Date of the last update: 07/2018